THE IMPORTANCE OF HOME STAGING
Despite the perception that a nice home in a good location sells itself, national statistics show that staged homes sell in half the time of non-staged homes and for 5% more money.*
The cost of staging a home varies depending on the size of the property and how well it has been maintained, as well as whether the existing furniture can be used or if we need to rent pieces. Regardless of the cost to stage your home, you can be sure that it is minimal compared to the costs of keeping a house on the market for long periods of time and having to reduce your asking price. Consider staging cost a necessary investment in the sale of your home, which will garner a significant financial return. In a 2009 Home Gain Survey of over 2000 Realtors, it was discovered that home staging typically provides a 586% return on investment.*
HOME STAGING PRINCIPLES
Staging a home is different from decorating a home. The purpose of staging, unlike decorating, is to present your property as an ideal for the consumer. Highlighting the home’s best features and downplaying its drawbacks, we create an aspirational vision of the lifestyle that the prospective buyer will have in his/her new home. It takes a professional’s eye and understanding of the consumer mindset to properly stage a home.
Once you decide to place your house on the market, you must no longer think of it as your home. Even if your personal tastes are excellent, it will behoove you to neutralize and de-personalize the property so that prospective buyers can visualize the house as their own.
THE LIBRA HOME STAGING ADVANTAGE
- Because we don’t own an inventory of rental furniture, we have no financial incentive to use rental furniture if your existing furniture will suffice. We stage your home at the minimum cost for the maximum yield.
- We offer fixed fees for our services up front. In cases where furniture needs to be rented, you contract directly with the rental company – we don’t mark up your rental costs.
- Our assessment fee is credited toward your staging fee when you hire us.
- We work in consortium with your Realtor, using his/her market expertise to determine the most effective way to present your home to prospective buyers.
- Third-party Realtors have praised our staging work: “The condo looks AMAZING! [Marin] did a fabulous job!”
- We offer services that go hand-in-hand with staging, including de-cluttering and organizing, packing and moving, and interior decorating.
- We have a “cabinet” of recommended contractors, painters, cleaning services and other partners who can help you with your project.